Monday, July 29, 2019

I'm a Real Navajo


Funny: We had a great time at the Eastern Navajo fair. On Thursday we went over hoping to see the sheep slaughter for the miss Navajo pageant. As it turned out they had moved it to a few days later due to some complications. But we learned that Thursday was "Elder Day", and we fit under the title Elder. So, we played all the games with them and even got to participate in a traditional Navajo Social dance and had a great time with all the old people. They loved it and we had a great time! They even gave me the title "real diné (Navajo)" after I impressed the old ladies with my frybread making skills.

Spiritual: There have been so many spiritual experiences this last week. The Lord loves this people so much and it has taught me about my own worth in His eyes. We went over to a part member family. We were having a great conversation about faith and the only member in the room teared up and she told us how, ever since we started coming by, she had been praying for a job. She got a great job and contributes it all to God. Missionaries had been going by for year before us but it was just her time. She is coming back and bringing her whole family (9 people) with her. What a miracle!

Where I am going: Well it has been an epic ride here in Crownpoint. I have loved every second and have loved these wonderful, beautiful people. They have changed my life and I am so grateful. I am indeed leaving Crownpoint and am headed to the far-off land of Murray, Utah. It should be a good adventure and I am excited 😉.

Love you all,
Elder Black





No comments:

Post a Comment