Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Winner Takes All


Funny: Due to some strange circumstances we ended up at a reception for someone who had graduated high school (At first, I thought it was a wedding reception with how big it was). It was one of the most awkward parties I have ever been to. To start we were the only people who were white and for once we were underdressed. Well not to be distressed by the awkwardness of the party I decided that I was pull out the old charm. Well eventually I ended up in a discussion with an old Navajo cowboy about if white people can actually eat mutton. We decided on a little contest. I out-ate his whole family. I have never eaten that much native food-life!

Spiritual: We had zone conference this last week and it was a heavy hitter. This was my last zone conference and it was perfect. If I had to pin down a focus it was on having the Holy Ghost always in our lives. There were about 12 of us that gave our departing testimonies there and through the whole meeting the comments made were spiritually heavy and experience heavy. It was an interesting moment for me for sure. I wish I could express the emotions there over email but you will just have trust that when missionaries have served right and worked hard that the spirit they bring to their final meeting is a very powerful one.

Where I am at: It is always an interesting moment when you can see why you are put in a place for a reason. One of the reasons I am here is because we just learned that the Eastern Navajo Fair is going to be held here next month. Why am I here? I know almost exactly what to expect. It'll be a lot more challenging than the one in Window Rock because we don't have a senior couple and not as many missionaries. But I am excited to have the new challenge.
Enjoy living a full life.






No comments:

Post a Comment