Monday, July 1, 2019

"Ham"ing it Up


Funny: This one goes down in my list of funniest missionary moments for sure. We saw a family outside cleaning their yard. We helped them for a few minutes and afterwards went in to share a short message. Before we began, an older lady asked us in Navajo who we are/what we do. Well we had just studied these sorts of questions in our language study and so my companion answered "bá'oltá'í niidlí" or "We are teachers" but he said it fast and the syllables blended together and it came out sounding like "besóodi niidlí" or "We are pigs". Bahaha, it was hilarious to see their expressions go from understanding to really confused. It all worked out in the end and we had a good laugh.

Spiritual: this week we went out to a remote part of our area. It is called Pueblo and it is about 1-1 1/2 hours away from Crownpoint. Honestly going out there we were not expecting too much. We only had one semi-active member and not really any other contacts. Well we only spent about 3 hours out there because of travel time. But in those 3 hours we got 6 referrals, had 3 Spirit filled lessons and found some amazing people who desperately need the Gospel. It strengthened my testimony that often we don’t know more than a step ahead of what to do. But God does lead and direct us to where we are really needs.

Where I am at: life is too good to me out here on the rez. And these wonderful people have stolen my heart. I honestly wish that I could take them home with me. Nothing to exciting is supposed to happen this upcoming week but you never know. We are excited because we had a great week of finding and have a lot of wonderful appointments set up for this next week.








No comments:

Post a Comment